Monday, May 19, 2008

Grandpa


My grandma passed away last August. My grandpa passed away on this past Friday, May 16, 2008 and I can't help but think of the song "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds:

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
Then passed away

I'm sorry I know that's a strange way to tell you
That I know we belong

And I know
I am, I am the luckiest


It wasn't a couple of days, but it was 9 months, almost to the day. I miss them both very much.

3 comments:

Valarie said...

Tif, Thanks for the photo and the poem. Grandpa said that Logan was the smartest kid! He really loved his great grandchildren. We will all miss him but he is happy now he is back with Grandma.

Chrissy said...

That was beautiful Tiff. Wherever Grandma and Grandma are now, they're definitely dancing around and having a party! We will miss them very much.

Anneka said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Mine passed away on the 9th. Always hard. But its nice that he and you Grandma are together again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...