Skip to main content

A Couple of Updates

I haven't been very involved in the online world very much in the recent months. I haven't been feeling very well. I had mostly rejoined the feeling-better society and getting excited for the ultrasound which we had yesterday on January 15th.

Yes, I am Pregnant!!! 20 weeks to be exact and I had gone to 4 doctors appointments and heard the heartbeat several times. Josh and I went to the ultrasound anxious to find out the gender, because we are planners of course. I got situated and the person doing the ultrasound put the wand on my belly and I looked up at the monitor and saw two circles. (I wish we had a picture of that, but we don't have that exact one) In my mind I said, "that is two heads." She said, "Oh, did you guys know you were having twins?" Josh turned, because he had not seen the two heads on the monitor yet and said, "Uh, no". And she said, "Well, you are!" Surprise. A few moments later we found out it was two girls. Wowza.

That is the basic story of how we found out. There are a thousand things going through my mind right now, but I wanted to get the basics out. We are still in shock after learning halfway through that there were two babies the whole time. My due date is June 4th, but the doctor told us to expect them about 4 weeks early, so May sometime hopefully, if they don't come before. Of course we are excited, but I am freaking out at the same time. It is a lot to digest. I plan on thinking about it for a few days, and then fully digesting the whole situation and all that needs to be done, although we did buy some diapers today. We figured we probably should be doing that every time we go to the store.

And I am excited to have girls. I told Josh we are definitely getting a little kitchen. I mean two girls, that is a must.

Although we didn't know, looking back on it there are many things that have helped me realize that Heavenly Father was preparing me for this through many blessings.

We are in our townhouse which will be room enough, our last apartment had a 2 children contract, so we would have had to move asap, but as it is, we are just fine.

I kept thinking I might have twins this time, and with Logan, I never thought that, ever. I pushed my thoughts aside, but I guess at the back of my mind it was always a possibility. I honestly thought that statistically it was impossible, because we know way too many people who have twins, even though my Aunt told me 2 1/2 years ago that I had a high chance of having twins.

Logan is able to follow simple tasks and is potty trained. Two things that will be very helpful. I know he will be a good big brother from seeing him interact with other children.

All four feet together, even though it is a little hard to see.

That is the news with us!

This picture is from 2 weeks ago, 18 weeks, when I thought there was just one baby in there.

Comments

Sheri said…
Super congratulations!!! :)
Kristin Dyer said…
I just read on FB that you were having twins. I couldn't be more excited for you. How fun it is to have a girl, but two!!! Lucky you. You are going to do awesome. You look great! Keep me posted, I sure do love ya!
Chrissy said…
I am the most excited Aunt ever!!!
Bonnie Parks said…
Congratulations! Wow! That's awesome. I just found out today that I friend of mine is looking to get rid of a little kitchen. Do you want it? I can easily get it for you. She was going to give it to me, but I have no room. I'll talk to her tomorrow about it. What fabulous news!
Launi said…
holy cow, tiff! that is wonderful! i would be freaking out: excited, but freaking out. you seem to be handling it well though. :) i'm so happy for you guys! logan will be such a good big brother!
SarahC said…
What crazy but amazing news!! Congratulations! How much fun!
Anneka said…
Wow! What a cool story! Congrats!!!
Grandma Valarie said…
We are very excited grandparents! I think this is fantastic, to get 2 babies from one pregnancy! Lucky, lucky us and you! I'll be buying diapers at Sam's also, what kind do you like the best? Love, mom/soon to be grandmother of 6
Ficker Family said…
Tiffany!!!! That is so exciting!!! I haven't talked to you in years but if you need anything at all, you just let me know. I know I'm in salt lake but still, even if you just want a email buddy I'm here for you. When I had the boys I was very overwhelmed and I had an email buddy and she helped me a lot. Funny enough, her name was Tiffany! I can't wait for more blog updates to come! Here is my email...moe_chelle@hotmail.com (I wish you could see my face right now, that's how excited I am for you right now!)
Lindsay said…
That is so crazy! Could your doctor not hear two heartbeats with the doppler? What a shock to find out halfway through -- a happy shock. But wow. Congratulations! Those little girls are lucky to be coming to your home.
BusyMama said…
You look tiny! Yay for girls! We need some, everyone else I know is having boys. :)
Bob Wood said…
Wow, just like Grandpa Wood and Uncle Donald, the girls will be "womb mates" LMHO!
Grandpa Wood
marni said…
Congrats! I would be crying for the next few months if I were you, but that's just cause one at a time is crazy enough! :) But if anyone can handle it, it's you. This might be a really stupid question, but are they identical? That's exciting that they are both girls! You look awesome! Doesn't look like there's two in there at all! Good luck and I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!
Paige said…
Congrats!!! Wow, what great news! They will be beautiful little girls. Hope you're feeling better!
Tiffany said…
Cute pic Tiff! We are so excited for you guys!
Megan said…
I'm so excited for you! SO EXCITED! I will help any way I can. And you are right, having Logan be potty trained and talking is going to be sooo much easier.
Ann said…
Congratulations! How exciting (and shocking) for you! We have loved our twin girls (they are almost 5 years old now) and they are best friends. I remember the complete shock we felt when we found out we were having twins. Everything will work out...it is a lot to digest, you're right. You look fabulous!
Emily said…
Congrats Tiff! I'm so excited for you. It's so fun to have a girl (and you get two!), you're going to love it. It's so crazy that you're having twins!!! I wish we lived closer so we could see you guys more and help you out. Anyway, you're going to be a great mom of three. :D
Congradulations you guys! Aunt Kathy sent me an e-mail saying you had news. Twins! oh man I can't imagine I have been going nuts trying to buy for one baby I cant imagine buying for two. I don't know if Josh told you or not but my mom had two sets of twins, I am one of them. My mom has this cute poem about being a mother of twins I'll see if I can get a copy of it and get it to Aunt Kathy, or you. Let us know if you need anything. We have 4 babies coming this spring but none of them are twins, just all different families. Good luck and I hope you get feeling better soon.
Lisa said…
congrats!!!! so exciting!!
Anonymous said…
Tiffany!!! That is so great! You are going to be amazing and Logan will be a great big brother! I am so happy for you.
Snow family said…
Congratulations! I am sure that you will be wonderful mother to twin girls! You look great!!!
Julie said…
Wow Tiff, I still can't believe that you are having twins. I'm so excited for you. Girls are so sweet, and yes you have to get a kitchen. It's a must. They will love it. Logan will be great. Congrats again.
LaSchelle said…
Tiffany-

Wow! What great news! The Lord knew that you could do this, and remember to ask for help! You are so blessed to have your family close... use them, I am sure they would be great for whatever you need. I've learned to ask for help more so I don't get overwhelmed with my responsibilities! You are a terrific mother! You'll be great! P. S. What are you going to name your BLOG now???
Elizabeth said…
I found your blog from Steve and Tiff's. I already said congrats to Josh on the phone but just wanted to tell you congratulations too! You look fabulous!!
I love the ultrasound shots. It is such an amazing, incredible experience to carry any baby, but there is something special about the whole experience with two -- and just thinking about the fact that you have two babies in there. Am so so excited for you.
Amber said…
Congrats! How very exciting for you guys. You will have to give Ann Bailey Reese a call. She has 4 year old twin girls and they are adorable.
Wow, how cool! That is awesome- you'll do great! And if I remember right, you always wanted 12 kids, so now you'll be 1/4 of the way there! ;) You look amazing and will do great!

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Family Photo

  Taryn  Lopez Photography

I've Been Watching You Dad

{Lyrics by Rodney Atkins} Logan has been spending a lot of time with Josh lately, and he just loves his dad. He even loves the riding in the Geo {yes the Geo I have had since I was 16}, I am pretty sure he thinks it is a manly car, because he sees Josh drive it around. Throughout the day he will walk over to the door and say, "Dad?"