Skip to main content

Taggity Tag

This was just a little tag from Vhari--

A = ADVOCATE FOR: Children and Early Childhood Education
B = BEST FEATURE: My feet, especially right after I give myself a pedicure ☺
C= COULDN'T DO WITHOUT: Josh and Logan
D = DREAMS AND DESIRES: Perfection, being organized, a house with a white picket fence, the usual
E = ESSENTIAL ITEM: my purse (credit card, library card, phone)
F= FAVORITE PAST TIME: Food Network
G= GOOD AT: I think I am a pretty good singer ☺
H = HAVE NEVER TRIED: Scuba diving, that might be fun, literally swimming with the fishes
I = IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS: Let it sit in the bank and say, “Ha, look how rich we are.”
K = KINDRED SPIRIT(s): Josh
L = LITTLE KNOWN FACT: I was in a band in college
M = MEMORABLE MOMENT: Josh proposing, and being completely surprised.
N = NEVER AGAIN WILL I: Have to date anyone but Josh ☺
O = OCCASIONAL INDULGENCE: Chocolate, on chocolate, on chocolate and Tiny Spicy Chicken (not together)
P= PERSON I MOST ADMIRE: Irving B. Harris, Philanthropist for children’s welfare and Becky Bailey
Q = QUOTE: “I am a Child of God”
R = REASON TO SMILE: My crazy son
S = SORRY ABOUT: Having too high of expectations for myself
T = TAG SOME FRIENDS: Chrissy, Karen, and Sheri
U = UNINTERESTED IN: Anything creepy or scary
V = VERY SCARED OF: I can’t handle scary movies or TV shows, they mess with my brain
W = WORST HABIT: My inhibitions and anxieties that prevent from doing things I should or could
X = X MARKS MY IDEAL VACATION SPOT: Hawaii sounds pretty nice
Y = YESTERYEAR DECADE OF CHOICE: I love the current decade and have never been happier!
Z = ZODIAC SIGN: Cancer

I was also tagged by Sheri (way too long ago, but I figure I had better do her tag, since I tagged her!), and here's what you do.
Pick up the nearest book (one with at least 123 pages)
Open to page 123
Find the 5th sentence
Post the next 3 sentences
Tag 5 people (or as many as you'd like)

The closest book is Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs, put out by the NAEYC, edited by Sue Bredekamp and Carol Copple.


p. 123
The following examples, which are by no means exhaustive, contrast appropriate, excellent practices in settings for children 3 through 5 years of age with inappropriate, less effective practices. The aim is not to issue a prescriptive set of practices but to encourage educators to reflect on their practice. We remain convinced that people construct an understanding of a concept from considering both positive and negative examples.

I am just tagging Chrissy!

Comments

Grandma Valarie said…
Why did you skip "J"? Hmmmm...wonder where Tif gets her perfectionism from? Love, mom
Chrissy said…
I think you are definitely perfection and I also think you are an amazing singer! I don't like scary stuff either! I wonder where we got that from! I guess I will have to make something up for "j."
Emily said…
Fun tag! I always like reading what people think about themselves. You aren't just a pretty good singer, by the way, you have an amazing voice! Sometimes I really miss being in choirs and getting to listen to incredibly talented people sing all day.
Tiffany said…
Always fun to read more about you Tiff! I want to hear you sing sometime! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Couple of Updates

I haven't been very involved in the online world very much in the recent months. I haven't been feeling very well. I had mostly rejoined the feeling-better society and getting excited for the ultrasound which we had yesterday on January 15th. Yes, I am Pregnant!!! 20 weeks to be exact and I had gone to 4 doctors appointments and heard the heartbeat several times. Josh and I went to the ultrasound anxious to find out the gender, because we are planners of course. I got situated and the person doing the ultrasound put the wand on my belly and I looked up at the monitor and saw two circles. (I wish we had a picture of that, but we don't have that exact one) In my mind I said, "that is two heads." She said, "Oh, did you guys know you were having twins?" Josh turned, because he had not seen the two heads on the monitor yet and said, "Uh, no". And she said, "Well, you are!" Surprise. A few moments later we found out it was two girls. Wowza.

Updated Family Photo

  Taryn  Lopez Photography

I've Been Watching You Dad

{Lyrics by Rodney Atkins} Logan has been spending a lot of time with Josh lately, and he just loves his dad. He even loves the riding in the Geo {yes the Geo I have had since I was 16}, I am pretty sure he thinks it is a manly car, because he sees Josh drive it around. Throughout the day he will walk over to the door and say, "Dad?"