Thursday, September 27, 2007
I know starting cereal really isn't that big of a deal, but I have a little top 5 list of why I am just a little bit sad that he started eating solid food on Sunday, 9/23/07.
5. Feeding milk only has a certain simplicity, especially nursing, he is easy to take places and it requires only light packing. Usually all I have to take is a diaper, wipes and a pacifier.
4. Suddenly I am not the only one that can feed him. It is nice to be able to share this part of Logan's life with others, particularly Josh, but it was kind of special that he needed me.
3. Josh said I couldn't say this real reason, but I'll just say we will be going through a lot more wipes :(
2. I am now faced with what foods do I feed him? Books say all different things, and I want to start him out on the right foot, but how do I do that? I want him to eat healthy and have good habits, and it starts young. I didn't have to worry about that before.
And the number one reason is . . .
1. He is growing up too fast! I have been around kids long enough to know they grow fast, but it is more obvious with my own little one. He is constantly changing and becoming more and more independent, and while I am excited part of me loves taking care of every need.