Skip to main content

1st Half-Birthday



Logan sits up all by himself now, but he uses his hands like a little tripod for support. He is also able to roll from his back to his stomach, but he really doesn't like his stomach, so he has probably only rolled that way less than 10 times. Mostly when we tease him with toys or other such things. He is really laid back and happy and I just keep thinking I am the luckiest mom in the world!

So Logan turned 6 months old on Sunday. The only real "celebration" we had was feeding him cereal for the first time. We did go to the park, but it took us too long to get ready, so on the stroller-ride over he fell asleep. Josh and I had a little picnic anyway.

He did go to the Doctor yesterday and Dr. Clayton said he is doing just great. He said Logan is teething, which I thought, but still no teeth have poked up. He got his shots and he doesn't have to get anymore until his is one year! I was, of course, concerned about his weight gain, but Dr. Clayton told me not to worry before I even asked about it. He weighed 13 lbs. 7 oz. He only gained 7 oz. in 2 months! It was funny because they wrote down that it was the 2nd percentile, but I heard the first nurse say to the other, "So what would you say that is," "Uh, probably the 2nd". They both said this as they looked at a point below the 5th percentile. For now, he is bound to be skinny, and I love my little skinny man.

He did measure in at 28 inches, he grew 2 inches in 2 months, which has been his standard since he was born. It puts his height in th 92nd percentile. One nurse said, "He is just putting all his energy toward growing. Tall & skinny, who would have known.

I am learning more about the computer as I have time to play around. Josh showed me some sweet tricks on the Mac and I am loving it more everyday! I made this little slide show for his half-birthday, it is a little long (4.5 minutes), but I had fun doing it.

Comments

Rochelle said…
My Graham has been a little skinny man most of his life. My doctor told me that as long as he's following his own curve... he'll be fine. It's when they start dropping and losing a lot of weight that you should be super concerned. That gave me comfort... just I thought I would share that with a fellow mom of a skinny boy. :)
Rochelle said…
Okay, I know I already commented... but I just watched the little slide show and it made me bawl like a baby! What a sweet little boy... it makes me baby hungry and I already have three! Oh, and I didn't know that we share a birthday... now I for sure have to meet that little guy in person someday. Next time we're in town we'll have to get together. (He'll probably be 2 by then... but that's okay!)
Chrissy said…
Totally cute!! I love that song and I love all of the pictures! Great job!
Love you!
Bob Wood said…
The slide show is so cute! Happy half year birthday. I (like Chrissy) love the song. We are impressed with your artistic abilities on the computer. All I can do is fix them!
Grandpa
Grandma Valarie said…
Tif, If you're the luckiest mom in the world, then that makes me the luckiest grandma in the world! This blog thing is so awesome. Thanks for yours and now we have Chrissy's too.Love, mom/grandma
Roundy Family said…
Very cute movie. Aspyn watched with me and I think that she thinks Logan is cute because she kept squealing at all the pictures. Maybe we should hook them up!! Good job with the movie.
Janette
Anonymous said…
He just gets cuter and cuter! I loved your slide show. I just love looking at your blog Tiff! You do such a great job. P.S. Logan and Aspyn should definitely hook up someday...
Anonymous said…
Great job with the slide show Tiff. I really liked watching it. Genevieve loves watching all of the movies of the babies. She'll come over to the computer and no matter what's on she says "baby" and signs more. It's funny, but I'm just warning that Aspyn may have some competition. :)
Tiffany said…
I thought the slide show was so fun to watch! You did a great job putting it together! Logan looks like a happy little boy--so cute!
Lindsay said…
Josh and Tiffany, you guys have such a cute baby boy! How fun! May the next six months be just as fabulous for the three of you. :)
Megan said…
You are the dang cutest mom Tiff. And that picture of Logan at the top of the post is ADORABLE. He's smiling with his entire body. Oh I wish I had a Mac so dang bad. I was raised on them and now I'm stuck in a PC world. :-( Keep being a great mom and maybe you could teach me how you do it.
Karen said…
Well I'm so glad I FINALLY got invited to your blog ;) It's very cute and you're so good at posting often. I can't wait to meet this little guy. Dave and I are still waiting for you guys to come visit. A dollar a day ;)

Popular posts from this blog

A Couple of Updates

I haven't been very involved in the online world very much in the recent months. I haven't been feeling very well. I had mostly rejoined the feeling-better society and getting excited for the ultrasound which we had yesterday on January 15th. Yes, I am Pregnant!!! 20 weeks to be exact and I had gone to 4 doctors appointments and heard the heartbeat several times. Josh and I went to the ultrasound anxious to find out the gender, because we are planners of course. I got situated and the person doing the ultrasound put the wand on my belly and I looked up at the monitor and saw two circles. (I wish we had a picture of that, but we don't have that exact one) In my mind I said, "that is two heads." She said, "Oh, did you guys know you were having twins?" Josh turned, because he had not seen the two heads on the monitor yet and said, "Uh, no". And she said, "Well, you are!" Surprise. A few moments later we found out it was two girls. Wowza.

Updated Family Photo

  Taryn  Lopez Photography

I've Been Watching You Dad

{Lyrics by Rodney Atkins} Logan has been spending a lot of time with Josh lately, and he just loves his dad. He even loves the riding in the Geo {yes the Geo I have had since I was 16}, I am pretty sure he thinks it is a manly car, because he sees Josh drive it around. Throughout the day he will walk over to the door and say, "Dad?"