Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

President Hinckley was the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints spanning my entire young adulthood, through the most critical determining years of my life. During this time and still I looked to his words as the Lord's mouthpiece. I am sad he passed away yesterday. I will miss looking forward to his talks in conference and his sweet sense of humor. His energy and positivity were an inspiration to me and all those who looked up to him.

www.lds.org Newsroom article

3 comments:

The Roundy's said...

I know I'm going to miss him too.

Bonnie Parks said...

I love that picture! So charming! One thing I do love is the time of tribute after the death of a well-loved person where we are all a little humbled. I feel like I want to do a good job now to honor his memory. It helps me recommit because I know he wants me to do a good job. By the same token, remembering that the Savior died helps me to recommit too. I just think this is a poignant time. How I love President Hinckley!

Valarie said...

That was just what I needed Tif. I drove home from work in a snowstorm, started the blower and did our driveway, the neighbor's driveway and the sidewalk down and around the corner and was tired and walked in and saw your blog. Thank you. Love, mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...