Skip to main content

Thoughts on Motherhood


As I was going through the years of caring for 3 small children at home all day I knew I would one day miss it. I knew it would go by too fast. But when I was in the thick of it, I couldn't possibly see beyond the day to day. Yes, I knew that I loved my children and the bottom line was I loved being home with them. Reading, talking, playing, all the things I teach others to do with their children. If I could do it again, I would. I would stay home when they were little and do just what I did. Although it was the hardest thing I have ever done. Each stage of life has challenges. Everyone has differences and experiences that seem beyond possible to bear. I loved being home.

My life right now is truly, the best it has ever been. I am the happiest I have ever been. I know there will come times that are harder. I hear talk of being the "sandwich generation" and teenagers and adult children. And that will bring its own experiences and challenges. I am still learning what makes me tick and I got very lost in the day to day tasks of caring for very needy, even if it was completely developmentally appropriate, children. Young children need a lot. And my children have gotten older and although there are crazy times (getting ready for school in the morning!) they are so much more independent.

 (written December of 2017)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Couple of Updates

I haven't been very involved in the online world very much in the recent months. I haven't been feeling very well. I had mostly rejoined the feeling-better society and getting excited for the ultrasound which we had yesterday on January 15th. Yes, I am Pregnant!!! 20 weeks to be exact and I had gone to 4 doctors appointments and heard the heartbeat several times. Josh and I went to the ultrasound anxious to find out the gender, because we are planners of course. I got situated and the person doing the ultrasound put the wand on my belly and I looked up at the monitor and saw two circles. (I wish we had a picture of that, but we don't have that exact one) In my mind I said, "that is two heads." She said, "Oh, did you guys know you were having twins?" Josh turned, because he had not seen the two heads on the monitor yet and said, "Uh, no". And she said, "Well, you are!" Surprise. A few moments later we found out it was two girls. Wowza.

100th Post!

And Josh and I have been married for 4 years, Wahoo! I am so lucky to have Josh! He is strong where I am weak and somehow manages to make everything right whenever he's around. Most of all what I love having in him is a best friend. He watches my silly shows with me and makes me feel like the coolest girl around. In case you don't know how we met . . . be sure to always attend institute, and choir while you're at it. Josh joined the Orem Institute choir for the summer with a couple of his buddies, mostly to meet some women :) Well, Josh wasn't so lucky, but his friend was and ended up getting married, where Josh was the best man. I came to the wedding reception (I knew Emily from LD Singers, a choir through the Ephraim Institute) . . . and later Josh hinted that he wouldn't mind being set up on a date with me. 11 months later Josh and I were married! Thanks Jon and Emily!

Josh Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

I am so lucky to have these two guys in my life! I hope you had a good birthday yesterday, Josh!