Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Love

Josh had to get a tooth out this week. I went with him, but I went to the waiting room while the Doctor actually pulled it out. It almost broke my heart. Josh is almost never sick, almost never goes to the doctor outside our 6 month dentist visits. And apparently has an amazing tolerance for pain. I thought he would be down and out, swollen face and everything. You could barely even tell from looking at him. He did sit around at home for a couple of days, reading, but I think the worst part for him was he couldn't eat anything. He kept saying, "What can I eat?" and I would say, "How about another popsicle, instant breakfast, or more jello?" And he would just groan. He made it through and went to work today, where I am sure he is glad to be away from me telling him everything he can't eat. He has probably already had a slice of pizza or something :)

Mostly I am just so lucky to have him. Seeing him have to go through this was interesting. I learn so much about Josh from being married to him, and I love the experience. He is always so kind and thoughtful, it was nice to take care of him, as much as he would let me, for a couple of days.

5 comments:

LoganHighClassof1969 said...

Yeah, Josh is a pretty good son in law, we'll see how he does on Jurassic park and California screami n' with a tooth missing...

Dad

Valarie said...

I remember Tif actually got tired of chocolate pudding because she ate so much of it when she got her wisdom teeth out. Not being able to chew is definitely not pleasant.

Chrissy said...

Poor Josh!! I hope he's feeling better! Maybe he's feeling good enough so you guys can come on Easter?? One can hope, either way, I can't wait to see you guys in DISNEYLAND!!! I hope you get better Josh!!

Tiffany said...

Glad Josh is feeling better! Hey-at least you got to spend some extra time w/him this week! (even if it wasn't the most pleasant!)

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Going to the dentist is never fun! At least you guys could spend extra time together right? You guys are a darling couple! Perfect for each other!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...